Learn Bravely Inclusive Homeschool Cooperative
LEARN BRAVELY Inclusive Cooperative seeks to encourage interests and develop friendships through a collaborative and structured learning environment for our children. We believe in hands-on discovery of ideas while embracing the use of tools and technology.
We offer interactive classes using project-based, student-focused techniques that are responsive to the needs of diverse learners. Our online component allows students to continue exploring and collaborating between class sessions. We ultimately want our children to have the courage to pursue learning passionately and to think critically along the way.
Learn Bravely Co-op meets weekly on Thursdays, late August through April. We have a 12-week semester in the fall and another 12-week semester in the spring. During the winter and summer months, we may also have optional mini-sessions.
- $25 – One-time registration fee, per family
- $80 – Semester family fee for up to three children and one participating parent or guardian. Additional children can be included for $20 each.
- Additional fees for certain classes, including labs.
- Parents must remain on campus for the duration of co-op.
- Please notify the Learn Bravely team and your co-facilitator(s) if you will be absent, with as much notice as possible.
- Please be willing to substitute when asked, provided that you are available during the times requested.
- Lead facilitators are required to follow their approved class plan while also following the interests of the students within that plan.
- During each class, an administrator will be on call to assist with situations or questions that may arise. Please reach out with any concerns in person or via email.
Responsibilities of Every Participant
- Please be respectful of yourself and others. We operate under the “Golden Rule” and expect that you treat others as you would treat yourself. Our classes are discussion- and project-based so we ask that constructive, positive feedback be given to classmates.
- Please be respectful of the building and grounds where we meet.
- If there are any issues with behavior or attitude, the Learn Bravely leadership team will be made aware and will work with students, facilitators, and parents to resolve the issue.
- Please bring requested materials to your classes so that the facilitator can lead the lesson planned for that day.
- We gladly welcome the use of personal electronic devices at the owner’s responsibility. Facilitators may ask for devices to be put away if their use becomes excessive or distracting.
9:30 am – arrive, set-up, prep
10:00 – 10:55 – first morning session
11:00 – 11:55 – second morning session
12:00 – 12:55 – lunch and recess
1:00 – 1:55 – first afternoon session
2:00 – 2:55 – second afternoon session
3:00 – 3:15 – clean-up and depart
Our lunch break is an hour long. A kitchen is available for storing and heating food. Our facility is allergy-aware and requests that we do not bring foods that could pose a danger to others. During lunch, families should remain on campus.
Recess time is built into the lunch break. We keep children’s movement needs in mind when designing and conducting our individual classes and semester offerings.
Immediate adult family members (spouses, grandparents, etc.) are welcome as visitors but must sign a release form, wear a nametag, and be accompanied by their member host at all times. Family members who may attend in lieu of the regular adult must pass a background check.
Should a member of your family become contagiously ill and/or have a fever of 100 degrees or higher, please refrain from attending co-op. Students must be fever-free without medication for a minimum of 24 hours before attending the cooperative.
A nursery for babies and toddlers under 4 is not provided at this time. Nursing babies are welcome, as long as they can be safely supervised. We do not have space to accommodate walkers and crawlers at this time.
For security, all participants must wear a provided name tag lanyard or sticker at all times while participating in Learn Bravely Co-op. Name tags and stickers will be distributed at the beginning of each meeting and collected at the end.
Learn Bravely reserves the right to open applications to certain age groups of children and their families at various times. We also reserve the right to request applicants to agree to our mission and policies. Applications for Fall Co-op are conditionally open from March until May prior to the coming semester. Spring Co-op applications are conditionally open November thru January.
Once your application has been conditionally accepted, the $25 non-refundable registration fee and other registration documents are due within 10 days. Once you have successfully registered and been processed, you will receive formal notification of acceptance. Semester and class fees are due on July 1st for fall semester and on January 1st for spring semester. Failure to pay by those dates causes a $20 late fee charge. Failure to pay by July 31st or January 31st causes acceptance to be revoked.